Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have recently purchased a Canon Pixma MG 3550 printer which

I have recently purchased a Canon Pixma MG 3550 printer which as you know has lots of inkjet cartridges.
Problem is I cannot find any one that sells all these cartridges can you please advice
This is the best printer I have ever had I paid £179 for it and I am amazed that the likes of PC World are now selling it for £59 plus a spare pkt of cartridges, but don't sell the ink cartridges separately !!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
As machines get older most stores stop carrying the consumables, you can still however get them online: Click Here
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already tried amazon and they do not sell the individual cartridges, as for your comment as printers get older etc mine is 3 months old so you can see why I am peeved

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.

.
The printer may be new when you bought it, but it is an older model which is why stores stopped selling consumables. That is the stores decision though not Canons. Amazon does sell individual cartridges as well as though combo packs. Here is the black: Click Here and here is the color: Click Here If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have spent all day ringing around companies including Amazon who told me they sell the black ink cartridge and a single combined colour cartridge which will definitely not fit into this printer as I have bought them and they are situated on my desk, used as a paper weight

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please give me the numbers off your current cartridges, because the two I just gave you are used for the model number you gave me. If you are using other cartridges I need the numbers on the cartridges rather than the printer itself.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

551 C, 550 PGBK, 551M, 551 Grey, 551 BK, 551 Yellow

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Thank you that makes sense now, those look like CLi cartridges which may be why you kept being told they were not available. They are still available and all are actually available on Amazon. I will list them for you just click to go to each one:

551 C
550 PGBK

The 551 C page also has the M, Grey, BK, and Yellow cartridges on it. You would just elect which colour you want on that page. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help, I cannot understand Amazon and their negative reply, also sometimes it works a lot better contacting an expert like yourself in the first place as opposed to talking to their call centre in Cape Town S.A.

I am now going to exhaust their supplies, and when they run out what Canon printer would you reccomend

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I would actually recommend any of the MX series models as they are what I use personally and have never given me any trouble. You are using a different print head than the MG3550 is supposed to come with, which is why they only could think of the two cartridges you mentioned. I had a feeling you had a different one which is why I asked for the cartridge numbers instead as that is the easiest way to tell. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is rather strange that the disc I had to use to get the printer working is Pixma MG 7100 and the model is MG 3550

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That could explain it as well, you may have a 7100 series and not a MG3550 as they do use the type of print head these cartridges are for. They are also a lot newer models. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your help. I will rate you highly

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and I hope you have a wonderful day.
.