Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Canon Pixma Pro-10 How can I select the best settings for

Customer Question

Canon Pixma Pro-10
How can I select the best settings for fine art prints. The 'Canon My Image Garden' seems to have photo print options. The colours come out fine on photographic paper but are dull and faded using art paper.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Matte will always be a little dull on this printer but should not be extremely dull.
When you go to print click print but do not send it through to the printer yet.

Next to the printers name there will be a button that says either properties or preferences click on that.
This window will have any quality options the printer can use, set them the way you want then click on ok and send the job to the printer.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll have to try out a few settings. Under Preferences, I changed media type to >Fine Art Paper > Other Fine Art Paper 1 when I clicked okay the window vanished, in My Image Garden' the 'Media Type Options are the same I clicked print and the picture was still faded

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
There should be a quality option in that same window.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, it is set on high

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok what type of paper were you using with those settings? As I mentioned if it is Matte this printer will always print on that dull.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Somerset enhanced 100% cotton. I changed the media type setting to 'Fine Art Museum Etching and got a much brighter picture. Now I've found the Printing preferences I think I can tweak it here and there.

Thank you for your help.

Dave

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating for my help it is greatly appreciated.
.