Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My printer is producing photos which are just pink and yellow

My printer is producing photos which are just pink and yellow and when I cleaned the printer heads to try to resolve the problem it went worse resulting a big orange smudge! I have recently replaced all the ink cartridges and ink levels are fine. What can I do to sort this out, please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I cleaned the printer heads using the automatic system on the printer.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I did that and tested it. Its a lot better. Nothing wrong with the colour mix now. Still a bit of something (black) leaking at the corner of the page. maybe just needs to dry out properly? Seems like its not a serious problem anyway and I must remember in future to periodically clean my printer manually! Thanks. You've helped a lot. is there anything else I could have missed re the slight leakage or could it be where its still damp?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If the cartridges itself is leaking it needs to be replaced or this could happens again. Otherwise as long as you did it until no ink came off the swabs it should be all set. If this happens again sometimes it can take up to 3 cleanings to see an improvement so just remember that you may have to do it 3 times in a row. If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks so much. Actually it has settled down now and is working OK but I will remember to do what you advised. You have been most helpful. Thank you Freddie. Appreciate it.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating I greatly appreciated it.
.