Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I have a Cannon iP100 portable printer. I purchased it in the

I have a Cannon iP100 portable printer. I purchased it in the US and it has a US power plug. Will it handle British power? Can I plug it with a plug adaptor into UK power direct with no transform we?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

That is correct. You do not need a transformer for this printer; you just need a power plug adapter.

Please let me know if you have any further question. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. It was worth the money to not destroy the printer. How can you tell from a piece of electronic equipment if it does not say directly the two power choices on the side? For instance my computer does say 110 and 210 but the printer did not.?

You're welcome. I checked the full descriptions for this printer model; it supports both 110v and 220v:

http://www.bluedogink.com/canon-pixma-ip100.html

You can see all the tips about power for different types of devices in general at the website below:

http://www.enjoy-europe.com/hte/chap11/electric.htm

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You're welcome. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on a face icon / service option above, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you