Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a very reliable Selphy CP710 compact photo printer.

I have a very reliable Selphy CP710 compact photo printer. However today after printing about 6 photos it says there is a paper jam. Indeed I can see a piece of photo paper stuck when I look into the paper feed, but cannot release it. The toner cartridge is also jammed. Can you help? Many thanks.
Mrs K Richards-Jones
*****@******.***
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
Where in the machine is the paper jammed?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can see the edge of the paper is I look into the front opening (where the paper cassette is usually loaded). It looks perfectly flat, so I don't know why it jammed, but it also seems to have jammed the ink cassette.

Hope you can help me.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It sounds like the page is stuck behind the ink cassette can you get to the paper with a pair of tweezers?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have tried that, but it is jammed stuck.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You would not pull it like that with the tweezers move it side to side while pulling just enough so it is tight. It should very very slowly come out.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Afraid not. I have tried repeatedly but it is stuck fast.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Can you pull the ink cassette while doing that at the same time? That may get it loose.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no , ink cassette is stuck rigid about half inch out of the aperture.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok it should be farther in the machine can you push it in instead to see if anything changes?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Have pushed the ink cassette back in until it clicked, but paper is still stuck.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn unfortunately then to get to it we would need to take the printer apart. Unfortunately unless you have experience with it, I do not suggest trying that yourself on these models. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you have suggestions as to where to take it for repair? I live in the mountains in central Wales, so have no local Canon dealers nearby. Or is there somewhere I could send it? Thanks.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It does not have to be a Canon dealer any local computer or electronics shop would be able to do it. Bigger shops tend to refuse to work on printers so I would call around to smaller ones. Unfortunately I am in the USA so I can not give a specific reccomendation. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience