Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

canon mp270 printer will not respond to any buttons I keep

canon mp270 printer will not respond to any buttons I keep pressing on the printer. All that is displayed is the power button flashing a p then an 0 then a 7. nothing happening when I switch printer on and off
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Customer:

I am ready

Shefin :

Please turn off the printer and unplug all its cables.

Customer:

done

Shefin :

Wait for two minutes and after two minutes, insert the cables and restart the printer.

Customer:

restarted printer it is still the same, and I did try that today

Shefin :

Is it E 0 7 or P 0 7?

Customer:

P 0 7

Shefin :
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Customer:

CAN;T ACCESS THE CARTRIDGES AS THEY DON,T COME TO THE MIDDLE OF THE PRINTER WHEN I LIFT THE TOP UP

Shefin :

Please wait a minute.

Customer:

IT SAYS 5B00 ERROR HAS OCCURED

Shefin :

This error is shown when the waste ink absorber is full in the printer. Every time the printer runs a head cleaning routine, it flushes some ink through the print heads to keep them clean and clear. That ink runs in to the waste ink absorber. It is normally a large sponge or tank.

Shefin :

The absorber can be can be cleaned, emptied and reset but it is an extremely difficult and messy process. This means that the printer is at the end of it’s life. Be careful when moving and disposing of the printer though. The ink absorber is full and so there is a small chance of the printer leaking when it is moved! To be on the safe side, put it in a large bag firs

Shefin :

Watch the video below and follow the instructions.

Shefin :

Have you done that?

Customer:

DO I GET AN ANSWER PLEASE, I HAVE WAITED TEN MINUTES

Shefin :

Have you watched the video?

Shefin :

Watch the video below and try following the instructions.

Customer:

sorry did not see your reply, thanks. i had a rough idea the printer was doomed

Shefin :

Try both videos and let me know the response.

Customer:

tried both and still the same flashing lights

Shefin :

If so, the printer needs repair, becuase he have to replace waste ink pads, and it is very difficult for you to do it.

Shefin :

How old the printer is?

Customer:

old i think i should look for a new model

Shefin :

If it is too old, it is better to get a new printer.

Shefin :

becuase, repairing the old printer is not a good idea.

Customer:

thanks for your advice

Shefin :

And sometimes, the repair cost might be higher than a new printer itself.

Shefin :

You are most welcome!

Shefin :
Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.
Shefin :
If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face.
Customer:

ok thanks

Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.