Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Epson wf-2530 printer. Am trying to print text from my computer

Epson wf-2530 printer. Am trying to print text from my computer but only part of the text is randomly printing, I have reinstalled the printer twice with no success. As a example, I tried printing a boarding pass, but it wouldn't print the bar code, which I obviously need.
Alan
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
How did you clean it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

used the maintenance section

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok Freddy did that, but no difference, I should mention that I used my Epson DX4400 & printed my boarding pass no problem, just tried printing a copy of it from my wf2530 whilst not perfect it was nearly there!!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It can sometimes take up to 3 cleanings this way before you see a full improvement. Since it sounds like a copy got a little better please try repeating the same steps for me then test it again.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was no better when printing from the computer, which is what I need. Only when I put my original on the plate inside the lid and copied.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
So a copy printed exactly the same as it just did before this problem started? The cleaning affects both copies and prints from the computer. So if either got slightly better at all you would still want to repeat it at least once.
.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
If the copy is the same as it was before this started what version of windows or mac is on the computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

did it again, we are on windows 7

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok open something on the computer to print, or use this page.
Then click on print but do not send it to the printer yet.

Next to the printers name should be a button that says properties or preferences click on that.
Then you should see a quality option in the window that opens, change that to highest or best.

.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience