Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have an HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium e All-in-One Printer was

Customer Question

I have an HP OfficeJet 6700 Premium e All-in-One Printer was has suffered from a printer jam which I have not been able to cure despite following HP's guidance. What do you suggest? Start again?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Where in the machine is the paper jammed?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Freddy,

It was jammed in the in tray and in the ink carriage area. I am prepared for spare parts etc as I suspect my ferreting has broken tape.

Your payment system did not recognise my email address which is certainly mine and I hope my deposit has gone through.

Best Wishes,

Andrew

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You already removed the jam? Can you tell me where the tape you think broke was and what it is connected to now? It sounds like you may mean the encoder strip but I want to be sure.
.