Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My pixma 1600 stopped printing and the error light is continually

My pixma 1600 stopped printing and the error light is continually flashing. It does not respond when I lift the lid, thought the ink seemed OK, judging by the type. There is no paper jammed so far as I can see. My message was to swith off and then on and if that failed to consult a handbook. MB
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Is it showing an error number?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
What is the exact and entire you get exactly the way it shows on the screen?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

AS I replied originally No error code, just advice to switch off and then on again and to consult the handbook if that did not work. M

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.

.
I did not ask for an error code just now, as I just said I need the exact and entire error exactly as it appears on your screen.
.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Nothing appears on my screen. I have notice the yellow and green lights on the printer are flashing alternately three time each, then a short pause and restart.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You said originally and just said now you are getting a message telling you to consult the handbook. Please give me that entire and exact message.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I see it says error code 6000. I have checked for debris etc., to no avail

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Thank you that is what I needed unfortunately that error can sometimes be caused by a failing part. Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. We have reached the same conclusion. I shallhave to leave it there. Thanks for trying. MB

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I have not reached any conclusion yet, I only said it was possible and asked if you had tried cleaning yet because that is the first troubleshooting step to try and fix this. If you do not want to continue please consider leaving a positive rating for my time it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your machine.
.