Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Hello we have an epsom stylus RX520 it is telling me to contact

Customer Question

Hello we have an epsom stylus RX520 it is telling me to contact my local authorised service centre.the serial no isGV5KO15897
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What is the exact and entire error message?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello

there is an e 90 with a red cross in the top box

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You said it is telling you to contact the service center, I need the entire and exact error message the way you see it.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

X E90 there is a problem with the Epsom Stylus Photo RX and

three cog wheels

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I need the exact and entire message the machine itself is giving you not just the number or what you see happening. You said it told you to contact the service center. Give me the entire and exact message you see that says that not just the 90 please.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry cant give you anymore info all that wa in the box was the three cog wheels and the X90 in the top when I looked in he basics operations guide it was the message the is a problem with the Epsom Stylus RX. then in the next box it is saying to turn on the Eps0m Stylus RX off and then back on. if the error does not clear contact your local authorized service center or contact Epsom for a referral

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please try making a copy from the glass what happens?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry this is not connected to my computer the Stylus is not responding at all to the start button it is doing absolutely nothing once it is on I think it needs to go some place it can be looked at I am no expert with this sort of machine

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
No worries I just need you to try things like that and then tell me what happens. Please open it as if to change the ink cartridges, do they move over to you or are they stuck?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no they retract so I cant remove them after the machine has powered on

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Which side are they on the right or the left?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

looking at the machine on the right hand side

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please read this entire reply before trying any of it. Open printer so that the cartridge housing is accessible (flip the scanner housing up). Turn printer off.
While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway.

Turn printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on startup), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.

Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries (I've done it as many as 15 times before seeing results.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.