VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a Canon MG6350 printer scanner and it's been working

I have a Canon MG6350 printer scanner and it's been working excellently until I downloaded the new Yosemite O/S for my IMac. It still prints and copies but has lost it's scanning ability. It will scan an A4 document OK but photos it appears to scan but does not capture them in Image Garden. I have to use the Mac software to scan Photos and capture them. I have spoken with Mac technical support and they looked at my machine and said they thought it was a glitch in the Canon software. I'd be grateful if you would give me suggestions how I can remedy the problem
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 3 years ago.
VanMagnus Systems :

Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your IT support needs. I see that you have an issue with the older driver for your Printer. Please do the following:

If you no longer use a printer, you can delete it from your list of available printers.

1. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

2. Select the printer in the list, then click Delete (-).

VanMagnus Systems :

This is how to remove the printer. Now please follow this link to the latest Drivers for your Printer:

VanMagnus Systems :

http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_series/PIXMA_MG6350.aspx?type=download&language=&os=Mac%20OS%20X%20v10.8

VanMagnus Systems :

Reboot/Restart the MAC before installing the newest Drivers.

VanMagnus Systems :

That will be it, your issue is resolved. Please chime in if there is any issue with any of the above steps.