Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

printhead carriage jam

Customer Question

printhead carriage jam
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What model printer is this? If you open it as if to change the ink do the cartridges move properly?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

esp 3250 when open no movement of cartridges

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.
Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not something is blocking it, or it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

print head jammed solid

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately as I mentioned if it does not move freely either something is blocking it, or it is damaged. Please use a flashlight and look around the carriage. Is anything blocking it? There is a pad that can be stuck on the bottom which you would not see without a flashlight. How old is the printer?
.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
..
..