Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

My MG35550 printer says there is something jammed but there

Customer Question

My MG35550 printer says there is something jammed but there isn't and now it won't print,what can I try?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try pulling the plug on the printer, sharply and suddenly, and leaving it that way for 1/2 hour or more. (Also unplug the cable to the computer from the printer.)
Then plug it in again, and try it again... turn it On if necessary of course, but wait until after seeing how it does, before connecting the computer again eventually.

What jam message does it show exactly?
(And I presume it is a Canon MG3550.)

Have you examined the document feeder for jammed paper or scraps etc., as well as the rest of the machine? It the error message says 'Document Jam' then that's the problem. If the error message is something else, let me know exactly what it is, please. Thanks.