Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have just changed a new cartridge in my Epson DX 7450 and

I have just changed a new cartridge in my Epson DX 7450 and it has jammed whilst cleaning the new cartridge!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Is the carriage stuck on the right side?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I hope you have received my reply?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I have not if you replied to the email it does not go to anyone, you need to reply on this page. Is the carriage stuck on the right?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Stuck on the right side of the printer! There is a slight noise of non-engagement?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please read my entire reply before trying any of it.
Open printer so that the cartridge housing is accessible (flip the scanner housing up). Turn printer off.
While printer is off, gently slide cartridge housing to the left about halfway.

Turn printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on start up), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself.

Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries (I've done it as many as 15 times before seeing results.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tried to do what you suggested without success. The printhead seems to be jamming all the time and the grey bar across the middle of the printhead seems to be sticking under the plastic bridge about a third of the way from the right-hand side of the recess.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is it far enough now to where you can remove the ink cartridges?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No not yet!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok please repeat the steps I gave you again, it can take quite a few tries as I mentioned. We need get it either to snap left or far enough to remove the cartridges. Since it is already on the right start from here:

Turn printer on. After cartridge housing moves all the way to the right (which it will do on start up), gently push up and back on the housing and continue pressing/gently jiggling as the housing tries to free itself. Eventually, the housing will snap back to the left which will stop tripping the error message. It can take quite a few tries (I've done it as many as 15 times before seeing results.

.