Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My Kodak AIO esp 3.2 is not responding to switch on.Have checked

My Kodak AIO esp 3.2 is not responding to switch on.Have checked connections which seem all right. Can someone advise please.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
How old is the printer? Does it show any sign of power at all?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

printer is 18 months old. No sign of power at all.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you happen to get an extended warranty with it? The factory warranty only lasts a year. Even if this outlet is working for other devices please try a different one and let me know if anything at all changes, even a blinking light.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Warranty lasts for 3 year to 2 Jan. 2016. Tried a different power outlet but no change.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You did get an extended warranty then good, push down hard on the power button. The button can sometimes come loose from the board. Does anything change?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No change, printer quite dead.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok I have one last question is there any way you can test another power cable?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have tested speakers and printer on another power cable.Speakers work but not printer.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
OK thank you unfortunately that usually means the power supply inside the printer needs to be replaced. Since you are under warranty call this number: 0870-2430270 They will go through the same things I did as they have to when you call you can tell them everything we already tried. After that they will normally replace it since you are under warranty. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.