Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a new Canon printer, Pixma MG4250. It was working perfectly.

Customer Question

I have a new Canon printer, Pixma MG4250. It was working perfectly. I went away for 10 days and switched it off at the mains, along with the computer. Upon my return, the computer started up no bother, but the printer has a little yellow light above the triangle, and I can't switch it on - ie the electric is on ok but that's it! Also, I can't find where I put the instructions or whatever... would I have got some?? Help! Liz Arnesen
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help you today.

Did you tried to press the triangle button ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no triangle button. It's just a light

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Don't you have a button with triagle in a circle.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I've found a red triangle in a circle, and I've pressed it, nothing happens

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Do you see the light above that button ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There's no light above the red button. The light is below the word Color

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
OK, do you mean light abobe the white triangle ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's getting too late. I will try again tomorrow

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
OK, no problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's now Tuesday 11:17 & I'd like to try to sort this out again. Please see above thread. Feel free to open it to other techies. I have about 1.5 hours now before next thing to do.... hint!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Responses not helpful, and too long between them
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. Thank you for your question. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.

The problem is that the power button is locked up on your printer. It happens all the time when the ac power fluctuates. The only remedy for this is to briefly unplug the ac power cord from either your printer or the ac wall jack, whichever is more convenient.

THEN, SIMPLY RECONNECT THE POWER CABLE, AND YOUR PRINTER WILL RESTART, AFTER WHICH IT SHOULD BE GOOD TO GO.

If you are satisfied with my information and advice, please be sure to give me a Good or Excellent rating. If you are still having problems, please let me know. If you have any more questions, of if there is anything else I can do for you, please do not hesitate to ask. I am grateful for the opportunity to be of service.

I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY SERVICES WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks JoelK. I already did what you've suggested, to no avail. I'm contacting the shop where I purchased the printer.

Liz,
The documentation for your printer shows that the inverted triangle in a circle which lights up is also a reset button. If you have already pressed that button when the power is on and it is lighted up, that is the only thing that you can do. If it does not respond to that after you have disconnected and reconnected the ac power, then you do need to return it to the store where you purchased it.
Sorry I could not help you more with this.
Joel Kalman, Engineer
Experience: I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
Liz,
THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD SERVICE RATING. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
Have a great day