Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

cannot connect my new Canon MG7150 printer to my applemac,

cannot connect my new Canon MG7150 printer to my applemac, new software fitted from Apple, still no joy
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Tony! Thank you for your question. I'm the printer technician. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable? Or is the printer wireless?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The printer has a USB cable and is wireless, by remote do you mean take over my computer to check remotely

Tony

What is your choice? Using the USB cable or using wireless (which requires a wireless modem/router)?

Yes, take over your computer to fix remotely; it's faster.

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will try anything at the moment I need my printer up and running ASAP.

What is the best method cable / wireless.

Tony

Best method is cable, and it's easier/quicker to set up. Do you have a USB printer cable right now?

Would you like me to provide you written instructions for fixing the printer issue?

Or would you like to connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix directly for you?

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

cable is fitted, connect remotely and fix please.

Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

1. Please click on the website below:
    https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webDownload=true
  2. Then download / run the file join.me when it prompts or shows
  3. Then tell me the 9 digit numbers that it will show in the join.me program.
  4. Do not close the join.me program.

Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me:

1. Please click on the website below:
  4. Do not close the join.me program.

I'm sorry, it looks like your computer is not able to connect with me. Let me provide written instructions for fixing this issue; it's very simple:

1. Please disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer for now.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top left, then select System Preferences..., then open Print & Fax.
  3. Select the Canon... printer
  4. Click on the - (minus) icon at the bottom left, and remove/delete the printer.
  5. Power on the printer, then reconnect the printer USB cable from the printer to the computer, then wait a minute
  6. Click on the + (plus) icon at the bottom left, and it should show your Canon printer, then add it.
  7. Check printing.

Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

THERE IS NO PRINTER NAME IN THE BOX

Sorry, is this a laptop or desktop?

Do you have a USB flash drive or a USB external hard drive that you can connect to the computer to see if it works? This is to test if the USB ports are working on your computer.

Make sure to push the USB cable hard all the way in both the printer's port and computer's port.

If needed, plug the printer USB cable to the another USB port on the computer, then see if you can click on the + (plus) icon to add.

Please let me know. Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have placed the printer cable into a different port it has now come up with Canon MG7100 series on my Mac third box askes to Choose driver or printer model, Printer is not on the list of printers but computer has now located the printer as this is the only one connected.

Great, it's getting there. Please download and install the printer driver/software at the website below:

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_series/PIXMA_MG7150.aspx?type=download&softwaredetailid=tcm:14-1091005&os=Mac%20OS%20X%20v10.6&language=EN

, then restart the computer, then click on the + (plus) icon to add; it should work.

(If the above website does not work, then try this link:
http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consumer_Products/products/Fax__Multifunctionals/InkJet/PIXMA_MG_series/PIXMA_MG7150.aspx?type=download&softwaredetailid=tcm:14-1091004&os=Mac%20OS%20X%20v10.6&language=EN)