I'm sorry, I'm not sure if you were able to follow my instructions because I've just checked the Canon download website again; it's still not working. I have just found a new Canon download website that is working. Please try the following:
1. Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences..., then open Print & Scan
, then select the Canon... printer there, then click on the - (minus) button at the bottom left, and delete the printer for now
2. Then download and install 2 files below:
- MG5200 series Scanner Driver (file name is msd_-mac-mg5200-17_7_1a-ea8_2.dmg)
2. MP Navigator EX (file name is mnve_4_0-mac-all-4_0_4-ea8_2.dmg)
3. Restart the computer.
4. Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on System Preferences..., then open Print & Scan
, then click on the + (plus) button at the bottom left, then add your Canon printer.
5. Open the application Canon / MP Navigator EX in Applications in Finder, then see if you can scan.
When you are available, please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me, so I can help further if there is still any issue. Thank you,