Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

I have a printer problem Deskjet D2360 - is there help for

Customer Question

I have a printer problem Deskjet D2360 - is there help for this type of issue?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

By all means tell me what the problem is - I can help you with this type of printer if anyone can. What error shows on the printer? how about its indicator lights? etc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Russell

The on button is blinking - I have checked for paper jam, replaced the ink cartridges. Usually when I open the top of the printer and then close it the print head does a few movements across the machine, but this time it is only doing a small movement from middle to the side - not sure if this is relevant. My model does not show any errors (no apparent facility to do this) no issues showing when I check my devices on the laptop - no print queue.

Your printer is basically speaking 'offline' and possibly in an error mode. (A shame the model is so cheap that nothing more specific is indicated.)

So do a general checkup of all parts of the printer that you can reach:
1. any paper in it anywhere?
2. debris, dust?
3. loose parts?
4. is the ink cartridge full enough still?
5. are all hatches and doors closed that should be?
6. is paper loaded properly?
7. after which, if it won't go online by a brief press of the Power button, or of any other button, try a hard reset:
- unplug the printer from the power while it is On, sharply and suddenly.
- leave it that way for 20+ minutes.
- plug it in again, turn it On if necessary.
- see if it works now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried all of the above, still blinking....

Then you need to choose between either having your printer repaired, or replaced.

Repair of a printer that old is not necessarily an economical proposition, since it may break again soon what with its age.

If I can advise you further on any part of this issue, or if you would like a chance at a 'second opinion' from another Expert here, let me know.