Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Epson Stylus Photo RX640 Series Good morning I am having

Epson Stylus Photo RX640 Series
Good morning I am having trouble printing Maps and photo colour prints.
Printed coloured font on an envelope.Perfect
Printed Windows Test Page .Perfect.
When printing Maps or Photos All back ground has verticaline in pale blue and pink.
Should the Head alignment squares be plain,or striped?
Thank you Geoff Murray
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
The alignment should normally not be striped.

Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello,Freddy M.Thank you but still problem.Nozzle check yellow missing, Pale Blue sections missing, head cleaned three times no different..

Printed google tester map stil stripey

Cheers Geoff

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Those sections missing is not a good sign, did you clean it 3 times with the manual method I sent you?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry,No just the once,Is there an easier way to get to clean the cartridge carrier? Will try later ,when i have a bit more time ,Thank you G.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Unfortunately no there is not this is actually the easiest way to do it.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi,again. No cleaned as before but now got Yellow back, LightCyan still one or two bits missing ,Reprinted map after two nozzle clean ,but still the same strpey background. Over to you Tommy?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Can you please print out this page and let me know what comes out? How old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

95% correct, All printing OK.Your picture is stipey. Ask Questions My questions ,across the top of the page, have pinkish letter in line with stripes on your picture, Seems to be photographic,fault although maps are afected, also Satelite maps are bad..

I can't remember how old he printer is at least six years.

I've give you a good one for Friday? G.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok if it is that old you may want to try this type of cleaning kit: Click Here It can clean deeper into teh nozzles than we can get. It sounds like it got a little better so that should get it working properly again. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.
.