Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Hi my question is I have just bought a Canon MF multifunction

Customer Question

Hi my question is I have just bought a Canon MF multifunction printer MF4700 series.
I have a windows 8.1 operating system and the software disc which comes with the printer does not load on windows 8. I tried it on an XP and windows 7 computer and it loads perfectly. My question can you tell me how to solve this problem, Thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Michael! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message when installing the printer software disc on the windows 8.1 computer?

What did PC World try, if any? Did you or PC World try to download the printer software from the Canon website?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Viet,

The message which comes up is Critical-unable to load disc-problem with set up-check set system setup

Thank you. Did you try to download the latest printer software from the Canon website instead of using the printer software disc?

Are you on the windows 8.1 computer now? Can I connect remotely to your computer, so we can chat, and I will be able to fix the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Edit: We've been communicating, but it looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,