Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Canon Pixma MX525 working fine last week. This morning, it

Canon Pixma MX525 working fine last week. This morning, it won't turn on. I've checked the socket and the plug - both OK. I've taken the lead out of the back of the printer, waited 5 minutes and put it back in, but it still won't turn on.
Advice appreciated.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Does it show any sign of power at all?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, no sign of power, not even a flicker of a light

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok even if it is working with other devices please try connecting it to a different outlet, in a different room is best. Let me know is it shows any sign of power at all when you do.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, that didn't make it turn on.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Did it show any sign of power?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

None at all.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
That is not a good sign, sometimes the button can come loose from the board. Please try pushing down hard on the power button. If it even flickers let me know.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It didn't even flicker. I pushed down and held it for several seconds.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Darn, unfortunately then you may need a new part. How old is the machine? Can you test a different power cable for me? A lot of printers and DVD players use the same type and the power cable failing could cause this.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Success! I've changed the cable and it came on. I only bought it last March and the cable has never been moved, to my knowledge in that time.

Many thanks.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
You;re welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.