Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

cannon i250 printer not responding "waste ink absorber full"

cannon i250 printer not responding "waste ink absorber full" where do I get a new one and where is it>
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Michelle :

please let me know that do you get an error code on the printer

Customer:

no code just message when trying to print

Michelle :

ok..the waste ink absorber is basically a sponge pad that absorbs excess ink during printer routine tasks as well as during head cleaning and nozzle checks

Customer:

ok

Michelle :

once this pad gets full, it needs to be replaced as continious use can result in ink spillage internally within the unit causing further damage

Customer:

so what do I do now?

Michelle :

Michelle :

now let me know how old is this printer

Customer:

quite old 5+ years lain pretty dormant last year

Michelle :

hmm

Michelle :

that means the possibilty of absorber getting full are fairly high

Michelle :

do you see a resume button on the printer

Customer:

yes

Michelle :

ok

Michelle :

try the below sequence

Michelle :

1. Disconnect printer from AC power (take out AC cord or power off your power strip). Disconnect USB PC cable from printer.
2. Press and HOLD the POWER button (untill step 7).
3. Reconnect power cord (turn on power) to the printer.
4. The indicator should be green.
5. Press and release the RESUME button , the indicator should be orange.
6. Press and release the RESUME button again, the indicator should be green.
7. NOW Release POWER buttons.
8. NOW Connect the printer to PC (USB cable).
9. NOW...I opened "Printers" and saw that a "copy" of my printer (i250 or i350) had been made. Make that COPY your default printer

Michelle :

once done try a print and let me know

Customer:

tried all that before

Michelle :

ok if you have already done that , then considering the age of the printer, i would suggest to get the ink pad replaced

Michelle :

please slide the carraige of the printer to one end and just check beneth it

Michelle :

do you see any sponge pad

Customer:

yep

Michelle :

ok now that sponge pad is the waste ink pad

Customer:

two small rectangular pads

Michelle :

to be honest as this unit is out of warranty, getting the ink pad replaced through canon or any other service center would cost you much more considering the parts cost plus the service charge..you might even consider going in for a new unit

Michelle :

rather than doing that if its possible, take the pads out..clean them with warm water and remove all ink..let them dry for a day or so..then reinsert these pads back in and follow the reset sequence i gave baove

Customer:

thought that might be the case

Michelle :

that usuallyworks

Customer:

welcome to the

Michelle :

even service centers do the same thing but with a new sponge pad...and would charge you almost the same as buying a new unit

Michelle :

so you can try this if it makes no change my suggestion would be to go in for a new printer rather than investing on this one

Michelle :

let me know if you have any questions

Customer:

welcome to the Throw away world! thanks anyway Iguessed this was the answer when the pads were identified

Michelle :

i shared what is the best option for you..i felt that suggesting a replacement of pads would not be an honest answer..rather it would be best to suggest what is cost effective

Customer:

not your fault the advice was rubbish

Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors