Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I have recently purchased a XP-312 printer/scanner I have had

Customer Question

I have recently purchased a XP-312 printer/scanner I have had some problems with connection to my computer and it was erratic. That seems to be OK no as fare as printing is concerned but everytime I try to scan a document it tell me that there is no connection between the Printer and my laptop. How can it be connected for printing and not scanning. What am I doing wrong
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 years ago.
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, or mac computer?

Can we do a remote support session, so we can chat, and I will be able to help you directly?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Windows 7. We can do a chat session

Thank you. Please accept the remote support offer, then please do the following in order to connect with me:

1. Please click on the website below:
    https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webDownload=true
  2. Then download / run the file join.me when it prompts or shows
  3. Then tell me the 9 digit numbers that it will show in the join.me program.
  4. Do not close the join.me program.

We've been communicating, but it looks like you are not there. When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,