Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a HP Photosmart

I have a HP Photosmart printer model No B110a, product No CN245B.
Message on the display reads
Printhead missing
Lift the latch, re seat the printhead and then lower the latch
I have done this several times and can not cancel this message and am still unable to print.
Can you help
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you ever replaced the print head?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok the print head in these machines is consumable just like the ink cartridges, how old is it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
About 3 years old and is used for work at home.
The problem seems to have occurred when I removed the cartridges and turned the printer off by mistake.
After switching it on and replacing the cartridges I have had this message
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That may just be a coincidence but we can check. Remove the cartridges print head and turn the machine off you may have to unplug it. Leave it off for 60 seconds and turn it back on. It should ask you to install the print head. Put the print head and ink cartridges back into the machine. If the same thing happens I really hate to tell you this but the print head needs to be replaced. This machine uses a 364 print head, this is the cheapest I have found it: Click Here If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still got the same message on the display as what you have suggested is what I have been doing
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I really hate to tell you this then but unfortunately as I mentioned the print head needs to be replaced. This machine uses a 364 print head, this is the cheapest I have found it £22.88: Click Here If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your HP.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Your advice was exactly the same as I had told you that I had been doing without success so was disappointed that you did not suggest anything different or agreed that what I had been trying was all I could do.

Can you confirm that I have not been signed up for monthly DD payments as I was not fully satisfied on your service accepting that I was prepared for it not getting sorted.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I will send this in for you to make sure you do not have a subscription and that it will only be a one time fee. Also I want to mention that I have no control whatsoever over whether or not you need a part, or how we troubleshoot it. If there was another way I assure you I would tell you because it is much easier to tell someone that than have to give them bad news.
.