Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Printer shows error 6500

Customer Question

Printer shows error 6500
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What model printer is this?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

MP830

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn, this is a very bad error to have on that model. How old is it? Does the orange light flash 20 times?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

printer about 8years old. yes flashes 20 times

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn I was hoping it was not flashing 20 times as if it was a different number of flashes it could have been something else,.. I really hate to tell you this but 20 flashes along with the 6500 error means the logic board has failed and needs to be replaced. The part number for this is QM2-3659 Here is a copy of the parts catalogue: Click Here and Here is a copy of the service manual: Click Here (Page 1-6 for your error)The board normally costs around £100 but you can sometimes find it cheaper on eBay. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.