Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Canon MX300 Printer. When I want to print from computer

I have a Canon MX300 Printer. When I want to print from computer it is showing Ink Absorber is full. Please advise what I need to do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
How old is the machine? Does it say full or almost full?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Canon Pixma MX300 Printer purchased January 2008. It says Ink Absorber is almost full.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Start with the machine turned off.
Hold down the stop/reset button and press the power button, hold down both.

The power light should turn green.
While still holding the ON/OFF button, release the Stop/Reset button.

While holding the ON/OFF button, press the Stop/Reset button 2 times, and then release both the ON/OFF and Stop/Reset buttons.
When the Power LED lights in green (and "ServiceMode Idle" is displayed on the LCD), press the Stop/Reset button 4 times.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.