Russell H.
Russell H., Printer and Office
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Hi I have a MFC-7460DN and I am having issues with scanning. We

Customer Question

I have a MFC-7460DN and I am having issues with scanning.
We have 5 PC's connected to it via TCP. We have just moved offices and I have reset the ip addresses and gateways.
All PC's can print ok but when I try to scan the printer just comes up with "check connection"
Any Ideas ? It worked fine before.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Russell H. :

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Russell H. :

I suspect that you have a problem with the settings for the destination path (to where the scans are saved).

Russell H. :

(Do you do scanning to only one computer, or to several?)

Russell H. :

The destination path is probably saved on the printer in question (a Brother laser printer model I presume.) Either that is done as a manual setting (using the printer's own controls) or it is done in the printer's memory, invisibly, when you install a scanner driver on your computer. (Have you done even one full reinstall on one computer in the network? if not, I recommend doing so. Please choose a computer that you don't mind doing so on, and determine its operating system for me, as follows:

Russell H. :

What is your computer, a Windows PC or an Apple computer?

Which version of Windows (or MAC OS X ) is on it?

(If a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found in
Start - Control Panel - System [Information] .)

JACUSTOMER-vjwo0yg8- :

I have sorted it thanks.

JACUSTOMER-vjwo0yg8- :

The IP address was changed for the printer port but not for the scanner. I needed to access the scanner properties on each PC. I found this from Start | scan selected view printers and scanner. Then edited the network properties to set the new IP address. All work fine now.

Russell H. :

That is good to hear. Thank you for asking your question here.