Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

HP officejet 4500 Desktop Print Cartridge problem - it said

HP officejet 4500 Desktop
Print Cartridge problem - it said consult Device document but I don't have it.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Shefin :
Hello! Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.
Shefin :
Please let me know when you are ready.
Shefin :

Are you there?

Customer:

Yes

Shefin :

May I know the exact error message you are getting?

Customer:

print cartridge problem consult device document

Shefin :

Have you recently changed any cartdige?

Customer:

Yes

Shefin :

Are you sure that you are using new and genuine HP cartridges? Not refilled cartridges?

Customer:

They are refills but have always worked before and I am assured they are HP cartridges

Shefin :
Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Customer:

Done

Shefin :
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Shefin :
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
Shefin :
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Customer:

Done

Shefin :
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Customer:

Was I to replace the cartridges?

Shefin :

Only after unplugging it for 5 minutes.

Customer:

ok

Shefin :
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Shefin :
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.
Shefin :

Have you done that?

Customer:

not yet - i'm doing it now

Shefin :

Okay.

Customer:

It is still saying 'print cartridge problem - consult Device document

Shefin :

If so, you have to replace the cartrdige.

Shefin :

Are you still using refilled cartrdige?

Customer:

Yes. It also says [Tri Colour] after what does this mean?

Shefin :

Tri cloro means, the color catridge is not good.

Shefin :

You have to replace it.

Shefin :

Is it low or refilled?

Customer:

These are new refills

Shefin :

Please be informed that, HP or none of the printer manufactures recommend refilled cartridges.

Shefin :

It will work forst time, however it will reduce the printer life.

Shefin :

Also, it will damage the printhead too.

Shefin :

I would suggest you get new and not refilled cartrdiges for your printer in order to get the issue resolved.

Customer:

I don't know where to get absolutely new HP cartridges

Shefin :

I can help you with online webstores.

Shefin :

Please wait a minute.

Customer:

Shefin :

Before purchasing it, check the model number of the cartrdiges that you see in the link, with the cartrdiges you have.

Shefin :

Have you got the links?

Shefin :

Shefin :

Have you got the links?

Customer:

yes, but I don't want to buy on line

Shefin :

If so, I would suggest you go to any nearby computer stores with the cartrdige model number.

Customer:

OK, thanks

Shefin :

You are most welcome!

Shefin :

I assure that the issue will be resolved with a new cartrdige.

Shefin :

If you wan to print with black only, please remove the color cartrdige and print anything.

Shefin :

Are you there?

Experience: Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

I apologize that the chat got disconnected. However, I can assist you further in Question and Answer mode.

If you are getting error referring to Tri color cartrdige only, you can print using the black cartrdige.

Please remove the color cartrdige, press Ok. And then try printing anything.

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N