Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

Hi, I have a Kodak hero3.1 printer. I'm using a Dell Inspiron

Customer Question

Hi, I have a Kodak hero3.1 printer. I'm using a Dell Inspiron laptop. I'm trying to print from a lotus spreadsheet program but the printer just produces blank pages.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
If you print out this page does it come out blank?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Freddy,
Cannot print email. Error message:-
An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line : 2072
Char: 1
Error: Class doesn't supportAutomation
Code: 0
URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview,js
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
Yes/No
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I actually meant this page not the email, what happens when you print this page?
Does it make a copy from the scanner glass properly?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Same error message.
Prints a scanned copy perfectly.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok what version of windows is on the laptop? How is the printer connected to it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Windows 7 Home Premium
Printer connected via network.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Click on the windows start button and in the search box type printers and press enter.
(if there is not search box click on control panel and then printers)

Right click on your machine and any copies of it and click on delete.
Then disconnect the cable connecting it to the router.
(if using a cable if not skip any cable steps)

You will need to restart the computer, you can get back to me by going to justanswer.com and clicking on my questions at the top of the page.
Restart the computer and reinstall the machine.
Only connect the usb cable when the computers asks you to or when the installation is finished.
Do not test the machine yet instead restart the computer again and then test it.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Installation not complete.
Your computer firewall is blocking the network connection between your printer and computer. You will be able to print and scan, but you will not be able to start network scanning from your printer.
Code(###) ###-#### ***** here to learn more.
To test network connection after you make firewall changes, click Test Connection.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

As Freddy had opted out from the question, I can try to help you.

There are two ways to solve this problem. One, I can give you step by step instructions to solve the problem or I can directly connect with your PC and solve the problem for an additional charge.

Please let me know, what you want to do ?