Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Canoni-SENSYS LBP600 which might have come to end

I have a Canoni-SENSYS LBP600 which might have come to end of cartidge, so took that out and shook several times, but then had paper jam problems. Noticed the help advice which came up, removed cartridge anf then the jammed paper several tiumes, but the same thing seems to happen every time. The paper gets stuck a quarter of way in! Can you suggest what to do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Is it jamming as soon as it starts printing? Is it giving an error message? Have you replaced anything other than the toner?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes as soon as it starts printing. Yes I get the error message showing what to do. Nothing replaced. Also noticed difficulty in replacing cartridge at times, but solved that.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Does the error give a number at all? How did you solve the difficulty replacing cartridges and when did that problem start?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No error number, and no instruction book to hand by the way. Difficulty replacing only happened after first removal of cartridge, but soon saw I was not fully locating it.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The manual for these is normally installed onto the computer with the driver, if it did not install you can get it here: Click here How old is the machine? When it did print was the print faded at all?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for info on instruction book. I think the machine is approx. 2 years old. I noticed that the print faded at top of subject area and thought that by shaking it properly it would solve the problem which it did, as previously. The jamming then started to happen!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please remove the toner from the machine clean the entire area inside the machine where it was from toner dust. Then clean the cartridge itself with a cloth, no toner should come out of it, if it does it is leaking. Reinsert it and test it again for me.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Found very little inside machine, or on cartridge. Did remember on putting this replacement cartridge in some months ago that it seemed to be very much coasted on outside on taking out of wrapping, but, having cleaned it, it worked. I had intended to speak to my supplier, a repair specialist, but they seemed to have stopped trading, so that is why contacting you. The same t5hing has now happened. Paper.jammed a bit in.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok so just to confirm after cleaning it worked properly once and then the second time jammed?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes it jammed exactly as before. I made a screen shot of the diagnostic fault panel if any use to you.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
There should be a paper clip icon you can use to send it to me. Did you happen to get an extended warranty?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Don't remember re warranty.Might get an answer if the old employee of the firm now not working answers my phone message I left a few minutes ago. Screenshot of Canon printer messageAm using paperclip to send screenshot now.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn unfortunately you may need a new part. Lets try cleaning the fixing roller and see if that helps.

1. Load A4 plain paper in the multi-purpose tray.
For details on the procedures for loading paper, see "e-Manual" (HTML manual) in the CD-ROM supplied with the printer.

2. Click

in the Windows task tray, and then select the printer name.

3. From the [Options] menu, select [Utility] >> [Cleaning].

4. Click [OK]. Then, the cleaning page is printed.
>> The paper is fed, and the printer starts cleaning the fixing roller.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

see my email, as can't proceed by clic*****, *****'t understand - when I click on the symbol get to a blank page!!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You can get to it another way, click on start and then on printers and devices.
Right click on the machine and click on printer properties.
There should be a maintenance tab at the top, if there is click on it.
Then click on teh cleaning option here.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There was no Maintenance tab, but on looking at various tabs elsewhere to find it saw the message ' This device is working properly'. Also when I switched on the machine to prepare the paper went through to jammed position, so we are not going to get anywhere. Can you phone me on 01280 702817, as otherwise we won't get anywhere!!!!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I can not call you and I am in the USA, we can only help you through this site. The only other way to clean the roller is to do it manually with compressed air. You would remove the toner and blow out the inside of the machine after letting it cool down. You would then clean it again as it should have a lot of toner dust. Do this until the machine is completely clean and test it again. Unfortunately if the same thing happens it means the fuser unit also called the fixing assembly needs to be replaced. This is the part that melts toner onto the page and is where the paper is getting caught, if it does not heat properly paper will jam and it can come out faded when it does print. That is why I asked if the prints were faded before. I asked about the warranty because if you are still covered under an extended warranty this part is normally covered. The factory warranty however only lasts a year. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Other firms are able to 'reply' from the U|S!! If you can't I will get someone to do the air cleaning and see what happens. Will then decide if I need you or Canon direct. Am sure the warranty has run out after a year.Thanks in the meantime.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and I am not sure why you think we could call, we are all independent technicians on this site. I would have to call you from my own personal phone and I can not do that as it is against site policy to have contact outside the site. Hopefully cleaning will help as the fuser unit can be expensive. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks -will blow out the inside and see what happens! Have rated you also!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The rating did not go through do you mind doing it again? I appreciate it.You may have to confirm after clicking.
.