Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Printer error-This is always showing and therefore can't p

Printer error-This is always showing and therefore can't print
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What model printer is this? What version of windows or mac is on the computer? Does it give any more info than just printer error, like a number to help us find the error?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Kodak hero 3.1

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Please answer all questions as I will need to ask again otherwise anyway. What version of windows or mac is on the computer? Does it give any more info than just printer error, like a number to help us find the error? How is the printer connected to the computer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It gives a number code 3528. Windows 7

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is a jam error code, can you make a copy from the scanner glass?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cannot Copy from scanner glass

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok remove all paper from the machine.
Place the printer on a flat work surface.
Tip the front of the printer back.
Place your hand in the center of the paper input tray opening.
Insert your hand into the paper input area.
Push the internal guide toward the front of the printer to allow any foreign objects to fall out.
Image

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it did not work

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What happened when you tried it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing , it was exactely the same ,showing Paper jam but there is no paper jam in the printer.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Is the error only showing on the computer or is it showing on both?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It only shows on printer panel. The computer just does not respond when asked to print

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not a good sign and could mean you need a new part.
Turn the machine off and unplug it.

Then by hand move the print head (cradle) by hand.
It should move freely, if it does not it is damaged.

Move it back and forth across the bar 3 or 4 times.
Then leave it in the middle of the bar.

Plug the machine back in and turn it on.
Give it a minute or two to detect the print head in the middle and recalibrate it.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it did not work after I did what you said.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What happened when you tried those steps?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It showed on Printer panel -Attention Printer error.Clear all Paper.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Was the number the same?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No it is now 3523

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That one is a jam error as well however that one usually means it is around the ink cartridges which the last set of steps should have fixed. How old is the printer?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

About 3years

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Did you happen to get an extended warranty with it? This error with no jam at all and neither of those things working is a bad sign usually needing a replacement feeder.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You.Not worth the trouble then AND COST INVOLVED.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and if you have any questions let me know. If not please don't forget to leave a positive ratingfor my help it is greatly appreciate. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience