A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Technician
Experience:  Have worked on various printers for 5+ years.
71208907

Hi, I have a Epson pro 4880 and recently changed my my inks

Hi, I have a Epson pro 4880 and recently changed my my inks I brought a refill kit from advancedinjetsystems all was fine but I am now getting an error on the cyan and light cyan crtg's keeps saying set crtg I have brought two new chips for carts and reset them worked fine now the fault is back
Category: Printers
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

Could you tell me where you had purchased the replacement chips?

A. Stevens :

I've seen many issues similar to yours when using refill kits and/or aftermarket chips.

Customer: From advanced inject systems were I purchased the kit
A. Stevens :

I assume that you had refilled the original cartridges that you got with the printer?

A. Stevens :

Do you by chance have any other OEM (original manufacturer) cartridges that you can try to use?

A. Stevens :

Even if they are empty, just so you can see if you receive the error?

Customer: No I changed all for new cartridges and I don't have any to try
A. Stevens :

The only thing I think you can try at this point without purchasing new cartridges

A. Stevens :

Is to wipe down and clean the contacts on the chips very well

A. Stevens :

and reinsert them to see if they will read correctly.

A. Stevens :

Otherwise I think that the cartridges have gone defective and cannot be used any longer.

Customer: They are new and the chips have been changed and reset with no problem, I agree it would be good to try an old one but I realy don't think that's the problem
Customer: ill try to clean the points of contact but I have already done this, I do have quite a good working knowledge of printers as I did work for Xerox for 8 years
A. Stevens :

I understand...

A. Stevens :

It possible the point of contacts in the printer could be dirty/damanged as well?

Customer:

good morning, I managed to get one sorted this morning by again cleaning the contact points but the Light cyan looks like i may need to replace the cart at least I'll have a spare

Customer:

A. Stevens :

Great!

A. Stevens :

Glad you were able to resolve it.

A. Stevens :

If you don't mind, please do rate my service with the smiley faces below so that I can close out this ticket. I would greatly appreciate it.

A. Stevens :

Thank you for using Just Answer and have a great day!