Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

HP Photosmart C3180 The printer is "flashing"

Customer Question

HP Photosmart C3180 The printer is "flashing" it looks like it may have something to do with the ink cartridge, as the red light is on the teardrop.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Have you tried cleaning the machine yet?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How can I clean it? The problem is in the machine.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I meant cleaning it by hand, have you tried that yet? And I realize the problem is in the machin and as I mentioned can be caused by a failing part. Also are you using Genuine HP cartridges and not refills/compatibles? Did you recently change cartridges?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please cancel my payment I am going to buy a new printer.