A. Stevens
A. Stevens, Technician
Experience:  Have worked on various printers for 5+ years.
71208907

hi my canon i sensys mf8280cw has stopped photocopying. My

hi my canon i sensys mf8280cw printer has stopped photocopying. My net went down last week and so did the printer function but after it came back and we relinked the printing function the photocopy will not work even though the printer does. I believe this is settings error, can you advise how to check if it is fixable in the settings

i dont believe the machine is at fault as someone was playing with the settings when trying to fix the ip address for the wifi printing after the wifi went out.

thanks

natalie

Category: Printers
Expert:  A. Stevens replied 2 years ago.
A. Stevens :

Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!

A. Stevens :

Could you tell me if you are receiving any error messages while trying to copy

A. Stevens :

?

A. Stevens :

And just to clarify, when you mean copy, you mean you are just trying to copy a document stand-alone on the device correct?

A. Stevens :

Not using the computer at all.

Customer:

hi

Customer:

no error messages

Customer:

the problem is when you photocopy, it goes through as it would if working but the sheet is blank / white with no photocopy

Customer:

to confirm yes i am trying to photocopy not scan

Customer:

the printer , set up through the wifi is working fine

A. Stevens :

Thanks for that info.

A. Stevens :

I apologize for the late response, I had been signed off when you last replied.

A. Stevens :

Could you tell me what happens when you try to scan an image to the computer?

A. Stevens :

Does that function work properly?

Customer:

sorry there seams to be an error in my trying to reply

Customer:

we do not have that function set up, we never have

Customer:

its only a photocopier and wifi printer

Customer:

so to recap.....

Customer:

the printer function works

Customer:

the scanner function has never been set up so not relevant

Customer:

the photocopy function has stopped working, after the wifi went down and someone reset the machine to factory settings. When you photocopy you get blank white pages, but no error message . I hope with all this info you are able to let me know a reply with a fix...hopefuly

A. Stevens :

Yes, I got all of your info, and thanks for providing that.

A. Stevens :

The reason why I asked about the scanning is to see if the issue might be that the imaging sensor on the printer might have malfunctioned.

A. Stevens :

It could have malfunctioned with the reset.

A. Stevens :

Would it be possible to set up the scanning to see if the images can be seen when scanned to the computer?

A. Stevens :

If you are able to set that up and scan and get blank images, then you definitely know that it is the fault of that sensor.

A. Stevens :

Because that is what I am thinking.

A. Stevens :

The only other setting that can be adjusted, would be to adjust the darkness of the copies

A. Stevens :

But I don't believe that is the issue, since you're getting completely blank copies.

A. Stevens :

If it was a darkness/brightness issue, it would at least print a copy of something...may just not be clear.

Customer:

thanks for your reply, im not sure how to set it up as a scanner, is it easy?

Customer:

if its the imagery sensor, does that mean a new part or a new machine? is it fixable ?

Customer:

im no longer in the office so i will check tomorrow on the scan but if you know how please let me know

A. Stevens :

Setting it up as a scanner isn't too difficult, you said you have it set as a printer correct?

A. Stevens :

As far as the sensor goes, it is repairable, but my advice would be to just get a new machine if this is the issue.

A. Stevens :

Let me find some instruction on how to set it up as a scanner, and I'll send it shortly.

A. Stevens :

Go to this link, and look for the download section.

A. Stevens :

Download the software including Scan Gear, and install it. This will allow for scanning on your PC.

Customer:

ok thanks for your help , i will try that

Customer:

natalie