Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My Canon MP600 will not print anything I have a error notice

Customer Question

My Canon MP600 will not print anything I have a error notice U052
with the wording The type of print head is incorrect install the correct print head.
This machine has performed perfectly for the last five - six years and the printer
has not had any alterations in that time.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

The error means, either the printhead is not installed properly or it is damaged.

Please follow the instructions below.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine and then remove the printhead too.

How to remove printhead : Click here for the link

Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means where the printhead seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue still persists, you need to replace the printhead with a new one. However, since the printhead cost is high, it is not worthy replacing the printhead. It is better to get a new printer instead.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear.

But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank youCustomer

Your reply is as I expected having looked on line I find hundreds

of people using these Pixma Models are having trouble with the same

U052 fault.

Canon are unable to provide a solution.

A Law Suite is pending in America the machines being unfit forpurpose.

Thanks for your help.

I will buy a new Machine, (not a canon)

Jack

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

I apologize for inconvenience caused to you. However, the only solution remaining is to replacing the printhead.

It is common with all type of printers that the printhead is failing after 5 to 6 yeras. However, I am not associated with Canon, and we are unable to do anything in this regard.

As I informed, we can only troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

Please do not rate me Poor or Bad.

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Stefin

I removed and cleaned up the Print Head as per your sugestion

the result was as I feared stil no print.

Have now got a new machine an H P 5520 .

I can now print again.

Thanks Jack.Cool

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

I am glad that you have got a new printer.

S H E F I N