Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a canon pixma MG6450 and I wish to scan a document can

I have a canon pixma MG6450 and I wish to scan a document can you help?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What version of windows or mac are you using? What are you trying to scan? I also want to make sure you know that you can not edit text of what you scan on this machine.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have windows 7

I want to scan a document onto my desktop

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok how is the printer connected to the computer USB or WiFi?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WiFi

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok then the easiest way to scan is to use a program on the computer to start it.
Put the document on the scanner glass on the printer.

Click the Windows start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Fax and Scan.
Click New Scan. Make any desired setting changes, and then click Scan.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The message came up that no scanner was detected

I had my printer switched on

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok when you installed it how did you install? That error normally means the scanner driver did not get installed.
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The odd thing is it has worked before when I installed it and I have forgotten how to do it It is only my wife's computer comes up on the screen on the scanner

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Please go to this page: Click Here
That download contains the scanner driver please install it and then test the same steps again.

.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I found the canon quick menu on my desktop and autoscanned from there. The images have appeared on my image garden. I know this sounds thick but how do I access my image garden in the future and how do I send these images that are now PDF's by email

Thanks for your help

I will give you a good rating

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
I can actually give you a full guide for Image Garden here: Click Here Page 278 has creating a PDF file from images.
To open the software again click on start and in the search box near the bottom type garden. It should come up in the list.

.