ptorres007
ptorres007, Technician
Experience:  10 years in the IT industry with certifications.
34552149

I have an HP Laserjet 500 colour M551. It has started printing

Customer Question

I have an HP Laserjet 500 colour M551. It has started printing with a coloured vertical line down the centre.
I've tried removing all the cartridges and wiping the rollers but that hasn't solved the problem.
Does anyone have any suggestions please?
Category: Printers
Expert:  ptorres007 replied 2 years ago.
Customer:

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your question today.

Customer:

Your first steps to clean the rollers and remove the cartridges were correct. Have you replaced any of the cartridges to rule these out? It sounds like the problem is the fuser or the transfer unit in that machine. Please review this document and see if it matches to your symptoms: http://www.hp.com/cpso-support-new/pq/M575/blackverseg.html

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.