Engineer John C.
Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ Certified and 10 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

The light will not go on for the printer

Customer Question

Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Does it show any sign of power at all?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I may have brought this on myself. It was caused by me trying to remove the black ink cartridge to refill.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok is it showing any sign of power at all?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No power whatsoever

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Ok please disconnect the power cable from both the printer and outlet.
Then even if this outlet is working with other devices please try another one, is there any sign of power?
.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have disconnected as instructed- but have not seen "See more"

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
If you were reading the emails it does not show out entire replies you need to come back to the site to see the whole thing. Also do not reply to the emails as they do not go to anyone, you need to reply here. After disconnecting it even if this outlet is working with other devices please try another one, is there any sign of power?
.