Sowrav D.
Sowrav D., Engineer
Experience:  Completed Course In Computer Hardware and Printer Repairing
33155275

i have canon mp640 printer, it has on the small screen printer

Customer Question

i have canon mp640 printer, it has on the small screen printer error has occurred,unplug the power cord.contact the service center. above this on the pink line,it reads B200.
can you advise please.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for posting your question. My name is Sowrav and I will try to help you today.

Before we begin, I want to clear that, this can be a hardware fault and you may have to replace any parts to solve the problem. We have to try some steps to detect or solve the problem. Please reply me back, if you want to continue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it wont print anything,there is also a yellow light that flashes,and its wifi.

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry for replying you late, can you please open the printer cover and let me know if the cartridges can move to the replacement position or seems to be jammed ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry about the late reply,no the cartridge container will not move back to the replacement position !

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Please turn off the printer then, try to slide the cartridges with your hand and let me know, if you are able to do so or not ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes i can slide the cartridges by hand !

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Error B200 means the printhead voltage or temperature is not normal. The Printhead could be defective.... but first, try these solutions below:

Solution 1:
  • Disconnect the power cable from the printer.
  • Wait 1 hour.
  • Connect the power cable

Solution 2:
  • Check and Clean Head contact pin condition of the carriage unit
  • Check Cable connection especially the carriage FFC

Solution 3:
  • Turn off the power
  • Open the panel
  • Turn on the power
  • Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left.
  • Let it go past half way
  • Before print carriage reaches left hand side shut the cover.
  • Leave the Printer turned on

Solution 4:
  • Unplug the power cable.
  • Open the printer
  • Push the whole print head mechanic to the center
  • While the printer still open, plug the power and turn it ON.
  • When the printhead still moving and is going to the very LEFT, close the cover.
  • Wait until its boot up.

Solution 4a:
  • Take out all of the ink cartridges
  • Lift up the grey bar by where the ink goes
  • Left the print head in the middle of the printer all while the printer was off.

Solution 4b (thank you Jeremy):
  • Clean the plastic head primers/cleaners themselves on the printer (the far right)

Solution 4c (thank you Rhiann):
  • Turn off the printer
  • Open the cover
  • Turn on the printer
  • Wait for print carriage to start moving to the left and let it go past half way
  • Before print carriage reaches left hand side (but after going halfway across) shut the cover.
  • Leave the Printer turned on.

Solution 5:

Solution 5a:

Solution 6:
  • Replace the power supply unit.

Solution 7:
  • Replace the logic board.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank You .

Expert:  Sowrav D. replied 2 years ago.
Please let me know the result and I request you to give rating for my time and effort. Do you give any negative rating for a hardware fault of the printer.