Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a canon mg4150 and when I print my pictures they are

I have a canon mg4150 and when I print my pictures they are too light
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please follow the instructions below and let me know the result.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If needed, do the nozzle check and clean printhead once again.

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I have tried what you suggested a couple of times and it still hasn't fixed the problem -do you have any other suggestions.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

Have you tried the clean printhead option again using the printer control panel?

If yes, and still the issue persists, you need to replace the printhead of your printer with a new one.

However, if the printer too old, it is better to get a new one, becuase the printhead might be costly and it is not worthy replacing the printhead, if the printer is old.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear.

But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

S H E F I N