Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

My printer is canon i455 used to print from my word prossor

Customer Question

My printer is canon i455 used to print from my word prossor Word Perfict 1
For many years this has worked well. Now I receive the message "print head not installed
How can I resolve this?
I cannot afford a new printer for my word program will not recognise new models
Neither can I afford a new word processor package which my 20 year old computor will support
Your assistance will be appreciated
***** *****
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 3 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

This error normally means the print head inside the machine has failed and needs to be replaced. It is the part the ink cartridges sit inside of and just like ink is consumable. The part number for this is QY6-0047 and you can get one here: Click Here This is the cheapest I have found it and this seller does also ship to the UK even though it says USA. Before replacing it try this cleaning:

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds.

There are rare cases where you get a new print head but have the same error. If that happens it means the logic board has failed. This however is unlikely because it normally gives a B200 error when it fails.

If you prefer to replace the printer instead let me know which version of windows or mac you are on and your price range for a replacement. I can help you find one that will work especially if you are ok with refurbished models. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Canon.
.