Shefin
Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

My Canon MP510 is missing out lines when it prints, or only

Customer Question

My Canon MP510 is missing out lines when it prints, or only prints half a line?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.
Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT smiley face. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Had already cleaned all cartridge contacts and their contacts on the printer. However, carried them out again in the order you specified in your answer having switched the printer off for over 5 minutes. The problem remains exactly the same; see "scan" attached.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

Please try the cleaning instructions below.

1. Ensure that the machine is powered on and remove any paper from the auto sheet feeder or the front feed.

2. Use the <Feed Switch> button to select the paper source where you do the paper feed roller cleaning.

3. Press the <Menu> button.

4. Use the Right / left cursor button to select [Maintenance/settings] press the <OK> button.

Use the right / left cursor button to select [Maintenance] and the press the <OK> button.

5. Use the up / down cursor button to select [Roller cleaning] and press the <OK> button.

graphic

Do the below cleaning.

1. Cleaning.

2. Deep Cleaning

3. Roller Cleaning.

4. Bottom Plate cleaing

After performing above cleaning procedures, check if the issue persists.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Had done all you suggested prior to asking for help, have done them again but the problem still persists.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

If the issue still persists, the issue is with the printhead.

Have tried printing from different programs? Is the issue persists with every program?

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem persists with other programmes. However, I have narrowed down the problem to the "black ink" printhead as the printer prints OK in other colours. Thought it might just be the print cartridge and changed that but the problem persists. Any further thoughts?

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

The issue is with the printhead and not the cartrdige. You may have to replace the printhead in order to get the issue resolved.

However, if the printer is old, it is not worthy replacing the printhead. Becuase it might cost more. If so, it is better to get a newprinter instead.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear.

But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Please know that not all issues can be fixed online; in those cases of a hardware failure, I’ll troubleshoot and diagnose the problem, and provide a practical recommendation for how to proceed.

S H E F I N
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

OKCustomer thanks for your help.

Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

You are most welcome! If you have any questions, please be back.

S H E F I N