Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

My Kodak ESP C315 AiO printer has topped working - 'filter'

Customer Question

My Kodak ESP C315 AiO printer has topped working - 'filter' failed, shows on my iMac.
What does it mean and how to I get it working again?
I have been very pleased with this printer and I have changed the colour cartridge, as the current one was indicating a low level, but still no success?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 years ago.

Hello Tony! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

- Download and open the Kodak printer driver / software at the website below:

http://support.en.kodak.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32109/kw/Kodak%20ESP%203.2%20driver/selected/true

, select the Uninstall option when prompted, and confirm

, once done, select the Install option, and continue

, then check printing.

That usually should fix the issue. If it does not work, please try the followings:

1. Click on the Apple logo / menu, select System Preferences, then Sharing. If the Computer Name field is blank, enter a name for your computer (enter any name you want.) If there is already a name in the Computer Name field, rename your computer. Then close the Sharing window.

2. Reset printing system.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple logo / menu.
  2. Choose Print & Scan from the View menu.
  3. Hold down the Option key while clicking the "-" (Remove printer) button. If no printers are currently added, hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (Add printer) button, then choose Reset printing system… from the contextual menu.

, or

2. Choose Print & Fax from the View menu.
  3. Hold down the Option key while clicking the "-" (minus Remove printer) button. If no printers are currently added, hold down the Control key while clicking in the box that appears above the "+" (Add printer) button, then choose Reset printing system…from the contextual menu.

3. Re-add printer.

1. Disconnect the printer USB cable from the computer for a minute, then reconnect. And make sure printer is powered on.
  2. Click on the Apple logo / menu at the top left, then select System Preferences..., then open Print & Fax (or Print & Scan.)
  3. Click on the + (plus) icon at the bottom left, and select your Kodak printer, then add it.

4. If that does not work, remove printer again, then from the computer desktop or in Finder, Open the MAC HD

• Open the Library folder.
  • Open the Printers folder.
  • Right-click (or control + click) on the Kodak folder, and then select Move to Trash.

• Also, check these folders, if any:
  • Open the PPDs folder.
  • Open the Contents folder.
  • Open the Resources folder.
  • Locate your printer in the printer list, and then right-click on your printer and select Move to Trash.
  • Add printer and check.

5. If that still does not work, Open Finder, then open Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility. Then click on the Mac hard drive on the left side, then click on Verify disk permissions. When it is finished, click repair disk permissions. (When it is finished, it will show disk repair completed.)

6. If needed, restart the computer, then try step 2 to reset printing system again, then step 3 to re-add the printer.

Please let me know. Thank you.