Hello Tony! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed printer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:
- Download and open the Kodak printer driver / software at the website below:
, select the Uninstall option when prompted, and confirm
, once done, select the Install option, and continue
, then check printing.
That usually should fix the issue. If it does not work, please try the followings:
1. Click on the Apple logo / menu, select System Preferences, then Sharing. If the Computer Name field is blank, enter a name for your computer (enter any name you want.) If there is already a name in the Computer Name field, rename your computer. Then close the Sharing window.
2. Reset printing system.
3. Re-add printer.
4. If that does not work, remove printer again, then from the computer desktop or in Finder, Open the MAC HD
5. If that still does not work, Open Finder, then open Applications -> Utilities -> Disk Utility. Then click on the Mac hard drive on the left side, then click on Verify disk permissions. When it is finished, click repair disk permissions. (When it is finished, it will show disk repair completed.)
6. If needed, restart the computer, then try step 2 to reset printing system again, then step 3 to re-add the printer.
Please let me know. Thank you.