Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

I have a Kodak ESP 5200 series printer.

I have a Kodak ESP 5200 series printer.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
How old is it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry, I can't remember the exact date but I bought it new from PC World

It was brand new in the store.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Was it more than a year ago?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes. I've just found the receipt, I bought it in 2010.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn unfortunately then even if you had an extended warranty it would no longer be covered. Is the color still printing properly? If it is blank as well that changes what can cause this.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I printed the print check after the maintenance run and the sheet came out with the colour showing but the black ink , No!

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is actually good if both were blank it would mean you had a board failure which usually is not work fixing. Just one being blank if the cleaning does not work means a nozzle in the print head is worn. To fix this you would need to replace the print head which you can get for £20 here: Click Here That seller also warranties their sales so if the new one does not work you can get a refund (it should). If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Kodak.
.