Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Why is my Epson XP402 printer taking so long to print out photo's?

Why is my Epson XP402 printer taking so long to print out photo's? It takes over 2 mins to print a 6 x 4 print.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What quality settings are you using?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello Freddie, please bear with me, I'm a 'silver surfer' so I may need a little guidance!!! Where do I find quality settings - on the printer or laptop?
Regards Elaine
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
On your computer when you go to print next to the printers name there should be a preferences or properties button.
On a mac it sometimes goes directly to that, click on the button and it will show the quality settings.

The higher the quality the longer it will take to print and photos themselves especially on photo paper will take longer as well.
So you can make it print faster by lowering the quality setting to "quickest" or "lowest" but the photos are not going to look as good.

If you want the photos to look the best they can raise that quality setting to highest but it can take up to 4 minutes to print a photo.
Photos print in a completely different way than normal prints and are usually layered to make things brighter or darker so the fastest it should ever print would be about 60 seconds.

If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know.
If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated.
Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When I go to print, I can see the printer name, then the paper size, then quality - only 2 options here - Best Photo or Text and Image. I can't see a 'quality setting' at all?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
The 2 options you have are the quality settings. Every program shows them a little differently than others. If you want it to print faster you would want to choose text and image. But you will lose some quality in the print. If you want it to look the best choose best photo. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

WOW, it's worked, pictures are now printing in much less time, around 45 secs. Thank you so much, I suppose I won't be using quite so much ink now!!!

Thank you for being patient, it's really appreciate.

Regards Elaine

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome and please don't forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience: Years of experience