Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

picture quality faint

Customer Question

picture quality faint
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.

Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.

There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.

What model is this?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Canon iP2600

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

awaiting reply not worked

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What happened when you tried it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

picture still faint

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok next we will want to remove the print head and do a manual deep cleaning.
This video explains how to do that: Click Here You can dry it with a lint free cloth instead of waiting, do not use paper towels as lint can clog the nozzles.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

picture still faint. unable to remove print head is this possible with this model of iP2600

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
It should be and as I mentioned in my very first post you may need to replace a part to fix this, please print this page, how does it come out?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

prints good and clear

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok then the printer is not the problem, and either the picture itself or the program printing it is causing this. What program are you printing from?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

where do I find programm details, sorry !

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I can give you a general idea what to look for instead. Open the picture and click print. Then next to the printers name it should have a properties/preferences button click on that. On a Mac it sometimes automatically opens to this so you do not need to click the button if you do not have one.

Once there look for the quality options. Click on it and set it to best or highest. Check the paper type as well and make sure it is set to the type of paper you are using. For example plain or photo paper. Plain paper will always make images look fainter than they are on screen in which case you may want to consider trying glossy. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I open printer, sorry again !

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You do not open the printer, you open the picture the same way you did before. When you go to print next to the printers name it should have a properties/preferences button click on that. On a Mac it sometimes automatically opens to this so you do not need to click the button if you do not have one.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have right clicked to print and have brought up this picture to print as before but I dont see properties/preferences button to click

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
As I mentioned if you are on a it sometimes opens automatically to that screen usually on Macs. Please go to the next step.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My computer is not a Mac. Have used different paper with no change in result. Where do I find quality options if this is an important step before checking paper

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I said usually on Macs, windows computers do it too depending on the program. Now I need to know what program you are using. If you are not sure click on help and then about, most programs tell you there.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you mean windows 7

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize but I need to opt out.
.
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
expert apologised but said he had to opt out
-