Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

The print prompt on my photo print programme is obscured.

The print prompt on my photo print programme is obscured. How can I rectify this?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
Do you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Many thanks for your reply Jason. I would indeed be most grateful for your further help with my photo printing problem. I am not an expert in technical problems, but my present problem is that after I have chosen a photo I want to print, I click onto the edit prompt. I than click on "print" which brings me a choice of formats. I choose the format that I would like (e.g., full pic, two per sheet, four per sheet or nine per sheet, this latter nine per sheet being my usual choice). However, after making my choice I am unable to activate the print prompt at the top LHS of the screen as this is obscured by a blue haze. I have had several attempts at trying to print photos, using different photos each time and different formats, but each time the print prompt remains obscured. I hope you will be able to help me sort this out.

I haven't any idea exactly how a screen share works but if you are happy to guide me through the procedure I am willing to participate.

Kind regards.

Gloria

Thank you, Gloria.
Please, let me know when you are ready to begin.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am ready right now if you are. If not, perhaps you can suggest a time and I will try to comply with it. Thanks. Gloria

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am ready right now if you are; if not perhaps you could suggest a time and I will then do my best to comply. Many thanks. Gloria

I just started my 20 hour shift, so I will be here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm here now so let's start if it's OK for you. Otherwise I will have to leave my PC for a while and get on with some housework.

That works for me.
Are you ready to begin the remote session?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I'm ready!

Please, click the following link and choose to run the remote application: http://www.jasonfixedit.com/gloria
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

After I had clicked "run", a message appeared telling me thagt the application could not be started and to contact the application vendor. (If this is going to be too technical for me to handle I may ahve to call it all off and contact one of my local IT firms. Please advise my best course of action).

Which Internet browser are you currently using (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or something of the like)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't know - I think it is probably Google but it may be internet explorer. I am sorry but I am a dedicated techphobe!

Let's try another option.
- Please, click the following link, download that file, and run the file: https://secure.join.me/Download.aspx?webdownload=true
- Then download and allow that remote app to run.
- Once it is finished, please, tell me the 9 digit number that appears on the top of your screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

429-389-592

I will connect now.
That number is ***** valid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Is it perhaps time for us to give up. I am beginning to get very confused.

We can give up, if you wish.
What are you confused with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all this to-ing & fro-ing and just not getting anywhere. I really do appreciate your expert help but my tech knowledge is vary much lower than the standard you are used to. Sorry.

Let's try one last option.
Please, click this link: http://tinyurl.com/teamviewerJason
- Download and run that file.
- It will give you an ID & password.
Please, give me both of the ID and password.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ID: 217-114-402

P/W: 2093

Thank you kindly.
The application is telling me that you don't have it running.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Let's stop right now. The application has been installed but obviously to no advantage and I feel that we are now just wasting valuable time.

Do you wish to continue at a later time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I don't think so. I feel utterly defeated and deflated. I am grateful for what you have tried to do to help me with this problem but I want to call a halt now and contact a local technician. I am so sorry. My fault - not yours..

Thank you kindly for the chance to try and help you today, Gloria.
If you ever need any help in the future, please let me know.
Jason Jones, Technician
Experience: 10+ years work experience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't signed to leave a tip as per the prompt. I had already paid £15 up front and wouild be very happy to donate that to you. I am only sorry that your efforts to help me did not work out as I had hoped. May thanks nevertheless. Gloria

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The problem is still with me, Jason; it certainly hasn't gone away. However, I am waiting for a local IT guru to come and have a look at the problem and hopefully sort it for me. I am grateful for your offer of further help, but hope I will not have to bother you any more regarding this particular problem. Regards. Gloria