Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

epson stylus photo RX620 replaced all new genuine ink cartridges

epson stylus photo RX620 replaced all new genuine ink cartridges and the screen keeps telling me that the cartridges are not recognized and to replace then.
please can you help me out,
Thank You.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
What happens if you put the old ones back in?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Putting old ones back in the same error message comes up on the screen

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not a good sign, how old is it? Have you tried cleaning it yet?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have had it from new, It is a old printer but not used all that much .I can not put into auto clean because i can not get past the error on the screen.

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Let's try doing a manual cleaning of the machine and see if that helps at all.
If you have any trouble or get stuck at any point please let me know so I can help you.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
There is a nub on the cartridges it is normal for a small amount of ink to come out of that area when pushed, you only need to get any dried ink off there.

Now once you have done all of that turn off the machine and unplug it for 70 seconds
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If this did not work please come back and let me know by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work please don’t forget to leave a positive rating it is greatly appreciated.

.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cleaned .When turn it back on the error is still there even without catrigdes in the carriage.Put cartrigdes back in error still there

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That is not a good sign, do you happen to have an extended warranty? If you do I believe the longest offered was 5 years, so is it older than that?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

no sorry

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Darn, what you are describing normally means the carriage assembly the cartridges sit inside of needs to be replace. Unlike other brands Epson uses one that can only be replaced by the factory, this is also why they tend to last longer than other brand. Without a warranty I really hate to tell you this but it is usually cheaper to replace the machine. If you have any questions at all click on reply to expert and let me know. If not please don’t forget to leave a positive rating for my help - it is greatly appreciated. Please note you are rating me only not this site or your Epson.
.