Michelle
Michelle, Printer Expert
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

How do I clean the printer heads on an HP8000. I've installed

Customer Question

How do I clean the printer heads on an HP8000. I've installed a new Black HP 940XL cartridge in my printer but it prints out the colours but not the Black text
Category: Printers
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 years ago.
Michelle :

Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you

Michelle :

please let me know the operating system installed on your computer

JACUSTOMER-j7aw2fec- :

Hi Michelle,

JACUSTOMER-j7aw2fec- :

I've just seen that you have answered my problem with my HP printers. The HP Officejet Pro 8000 is a fairly old printer, about 5 or 6 years old but I was disappointed that HP no longer provide printheads for this printer and I have had to source them elsewhere.

JACUSTOMER-j7aw2fec- :

My society purchased the HP6700 only last year and the magenta cartridges no longer print correctly although they are brand new HP933 cartridges. There is always a white line through the the magenta colour when I do a print off in colour and I have contacted HP help and after performing 3 deep cleans, the problem was still there and the assistant said there was nothing further he could do and offered me a 20% discount on a newer model, I think it was an HP8620.

JACUSTOMER-j7aw2fec- :

I'm afraid at this point I had had enough and declined the offer.

JACUSTOMER-j7aw2fec- :

Sorry: The OS on my computer is Windows 7 HP

Michelle :

thanks for the details

Michelle :

so currently you are facing this issue with hp 8000 or hp 6700 or both